In fact, horse gram has the highest calcium content among pulses. In short, it’s rich in just about every nutrient! Plus, it is recognised by folk and traditional medicine as a therapeutic agent to treat kidney stones, urinary diseases, piles, common cold, throat infection and fever.
Greatness of Gehat ki dal ? Read on!
1) Gahat ki dal is a natural treatment for kidney stones.
2) Significantly reduces high blood sugar by reducing insulin resistance.
3) Thus, its a super diabetic-friendly food and helps in weight loss.
4) Traditional medicine says Gahat ki dal has the power to heal any health issue such as asthma, bronchitis, leucoderma, urinary discharge, kidney stones and heart ailments.
5) Ayurveda also recommends horse gram for treating jaundice, rheumatism, conjunctivitis and piles.
6) The paste of the gram is used to ease localized swelling.
7) The seeds stimulate sweat glands and open the pores of the body to flush out toxins from the system.
8) It also induces menstrual cycle and also treats oligomenorrhea (scanty bleeding).
How Gahat ki dal goes on your plate
1) Gahat ka paratha is a popular pahadi winter breakfast and can be had with fresh homemade butter and some jaggery.
2) The hearty kulath ki dal makes for a great accompaniment to rice or roti during the chilly winters.
3) Gahat ke parathe teamed with bhang ki chutney is a yummy addition to any breakfast menu.
4) Use the sprouts in your salads with a dash of lime and chilli for a great snack!
5) Have some delicious Gahat soup on a regular basis to avoid formation of kidney stones!
6) Gahat ki dal is also being widely consumed globally today as a health drink made with ground powder.
P.S. The US National Academy of Sciences has identified this legume as a promising food source for the future.