Himalayan Red Chilli Salt
Sprinkle some red chilli salt onto your snacks, savouries, and little titbits like bhel puri and makhanas for a tangy and zesty burst of flavour. A delicate blend of the savoury and tangy rock salt with the heat of chilli, our red chilli salt can be used as a condiment and a great seasoning for your meals. Use a dash of spicy hit to everything from soups, salads, makhanas and stews.
Our flake salt and fermented green chilli, with added herbs ground in a “silbatta” (grindstone), is as healthy and natural as it gets, retaining all the natural goodness and minerals.
- Pounded and ground, in a myriad of combinations of herbs and rock salts, this coarse pisi (or pisyu) loon (salt ground with herbs and spices) is indeed a magical addition to your cuisine.
- Our chilli salts are handmade and produced by a group of women in Uttarakhand, who do this for a livelihood.
- A mix of Himalayan rock salt infused with Himalayan herbs and local spices, it is ground over stone to preserve its natural aromatic and magical flavour. It is high in micronutrients and is organic with no additives. This is as opposed to common table salt which is processed and packaged.
- Prepared by local women at home, the gaining popularity of these flavoured salts in urban regions of the country has opened up a new possibility of livelihood and financial independence.
- A fantastic hit of favour with the heat of red chilli and a natural tangy flavour that makes it a dream addition to drinks like buttermilk, shikanji and other summer coolers.
- Chilli salt comes loaded with micronutrients that processed, packaged salts lack.
- Chilli salt not only gives a condiment a coarse texture but also enhances its aroma.
- It comes with the digestive benefits of the herbs and spices, along with general health benefits of rock salt.
Tips for use:
- From generous sprinkles on fruits and chats during summer or slight dust over chapatis brushed with ghee in winter, you can use chilli salt in a variety of ways.
- Add it to your summer chillers for a tangy burst of goodness.
- Add it to your bhel puri, makhanas and other tidbits and quick bites for an additional kick of flavour.
- Rub meat with chilli salt a few hours before grilling, sautéing, or baking.
- Toss roasted vegetables with chilli salt
- Season your favourite pasta dish with red chilli salt instead of chilli flakes.
- Season any stir fry dish with it
- Perfect for use in place of salt & pepper for a zesty kick to any vinaigrette.
- Add red chilli salt to vegetable soup for added flavour.